Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

sujaybhilare
Frequent Visitor

DAX formula / Power BI calculation : calculate Quarter 3 from 2 different tables (Actual and Estimat

I hope you can help me with below matter. I am trying to figure out a calculation for Quater 3 (July + Aug + Sept).
I have 2 tables Actual and Estimate, the data in Actual is till August 2021. When calculating Quater 3 I need to get July and Aug data from Actual table and Sept data from Estimate table.
When the Actual tables gets loaded with the Sept data it should shift from Estimate to Actual. Similar calculation for the next Quater 4 (Oct + Nov + Dec).

Appreciate your help in this matter.

Thank you.

Attached below image for reference.image.png

2 REPLIES 2
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

This is a relatively common pattern

"Show everything from table B (Estimate) that is not in table A (actuals), plus everything from table A"

Do you want to do this in DAX or Power Query?

Please provide sanitized sample data that fully covers your issue. Paste the data into a table in your post or use one of the file services.

Hi, I do not need all the months. I am calculating current quarter where I need July Aug from actual table and Sept from estimate table. I cannot share the data as it is sensitive, the above image shows how the data is built

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors