Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

per771
Regular Visitor

DAX for New Points of Distribution Sales Goals

I am a functional beginner with DAX and Power BI and am working on reports for our sales managers. One of the goals that they assign their sales team members involves new 90-day unsold PODs (Points of Distribution). So I need a way to get a count of new sales of certain products to accounts that have not bought the product for at least the past 90 days. I have all the necessary data in my dataset, but I'm not sure how to write the DAX to get the result I need for the visuals.

I would appreciate any help towards the answer.

2 REPLIES 2
per771
Regular Visitor

Will this have to be a calculated column? It seems that each sale would need to be evaluated as a product that hasn't been sold in that account for the past 90 days, which I think would require a column?

Is the 90 day rolling measure above from the current day or the three previous calendar months? I need a measure that will evaluate 90 days back from the current day if possible.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@per771 , Try measures like these

Rolling 90 sales = CALCULATE([Sales],DATESINPERIOD('Date'[Date],ENDOFMONTH('Date'[Date]),-90,DAY))

Product No Sales in This Period = Sumx(VALUES(Customer[Customer Id]),if(ISBLANK([Rolling 90 sales]) , 1,BLANK()))

Refer my artricles on related topics

Customer Retention Part 1:
https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/Customer-Retention-Part-1-Month-on-Month-Retention/b...
Customer Retention Part 2: Period over Period Retention :https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/Customer-Retention-Part-2-Period-over-Period-Retenti...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors