Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

vandid

DAX does not equal function in measure not filtering

Hello! 

Any help with this is greatly appreciated! 

My Capital 2019 measure works perfectly. My Expense 2019 measure just replacing the "=" with "<>" is not actually taking out the capital numbers.  I have a table with capital/expense by year and quarter and I need to separate it out into 2 measures.  There are too many expense types to type all of them out so I was hoping to use the dne sign.  What am I doing wrong here??  Any help is greatly appreciated! 

Expense 2019 = calculate(sumx('Saving Record Fuel','Saving Record Fuel'[Q1 Ex/Cap]+'Saving Record Fuel'[Q2 Exp/Cap]+'Saving Record Fuel'[Q3 Exp/Cap]+'Saving Record Fuel'[Q4 Exp/Cap]),'Saving Record Fuel'[FiscalYear]="2019",'Saving Record Fuel'[ExpenseType] <> "Capital - IT Hardware & Equipment" || 'Saving Record Fuel'[ExpenseType] <> "Capital - Other Capital Costs" || 'Saving Record Fuel'[ExpenseType] <> "Capital - Property, Plant & Equipment (PP&E)")

Capital 2019 = calculate(sumx('Saving Record Fuel','Saving Record Fuel'[Q1 Ex/Cap]+'Saving Record Fuel'[Q2 Exp/Cap]+'Saving Record Fuel'[Q3 Exp/Cap]+'Saving Record Fuel'[Q4 Exp/Cap]),'Saving Record Fuel'[FiscalYear]="2019",'Saving Record Fuel'[ExpenseType]= "Capital - IT Hardware & Equipment"||'Saving Record Fuel'[ExpenseType]= "Capital - Other Capital Costs"|| 'Saving Record Fuel'[ExpenseType]= "Capital - Property, Plant & Equipment (PP&E)")

1 REPLY 1
vandid

I think I solved my own problem... For the expense measure, I just needed to use AND && instead of OR || when excluding the capital types. 

[insert face palm emoji]

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors