Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Surveys
Regular Visitor

DAX alternate value is not aggregating total

I have created the below matrix table. One of the measures created (LISA BG/AG Ratio) was returning blank values due to the measure being unable to divide by 0. I changed the DAX to provide an alternate value of 0. It seems that the alternate values are not aggregating with the other values in the column to provide an accurate Total amount (should be 0.8 not 2.3). I imagine this requires a little more advanced DAX than I have used. DAX syntax:

LISA BG/AG Ratio =
DIVIDE(
    SUM('FormCPEEndOfDay'[LISABelowGroundLeaks]),
    SUM('FormCPEEndOfDay'[LISAAboveGroundLeaks]),0
)

Any help is appreciated.

Surveys_0-1602594983465.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
dedelman_clng
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @Surveys  - can you explain further why you expect the "Total" row to show 0.8 instead of 2.3?  Your formula is BG/AG, which on the Total row is 25/11 = 2.3

PowerBI/DAX doesn't sum up the way Excel pivot tables do - measures are calculated in the context of the total data set - so it is acting correctly based on information you have given so far.

Hope this helps

David

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
dedelman_clng
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @Surveys  - can you explain further why you expect the "Total" row to show 0.8 instead of 2.3?  Your formula is BG/AG, which on the Total row is 25/11 = 2.3

PowerBI/DAX doesn't sum up the way Excel pivot tables do - measures are calculated in the context of the total data set - so it is acting correctly based on information you have given so far.

Hope this helps

David

I was looking at it the wrong way. Thanks.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors