Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

dkel6177
Regular Visitor

DAX: YTD and PYTD questions

I have a dashboard with a table view that has categories of crime along the left side and columns of totals for YTD figures and Previous YTD figures. On the current year or monthly totals the figures are correct. If it is the first few days in January I get correct numbers for the current month, but on all previous time calculations I get the totals for the entire month and the formulas do not respect the partial days in the current month. For instance,.... if I run the report for the first 5 days in January I would like the previous calculations for the year prior to respect only those first 5 days in January as well. Also I cannot share the model for obvious reasons. Any help would be appreciated. 

My YTD DAX:

YTD = CALCULATE(DISTINCTCOUNT(lwmain[lwmainid]),DATESYTD(MasterDate[Date])) 

My PYTD DAX:

LYTD = CALCULATE(DISTINCTCOUNT(lwmain[lwmainid]), DATEADD(DATESYTD(MasterDate[Date]),-1,YEAR)) 

My MTD DAX:

MTD = CALCULATE(DISTINCTCOUNT(lwmain[lwmainid]),DATESMTD(MasterDate[Date]))

My PMTD DAX:

LYMTD = CALCULATE(DISTINCTCOUNT(lwmain[lwmainid]),DATEADD(DATESMTD(MasterDate[Date]), -1,YEAR))

Table.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Ssingh
Frequent Visitor

Use of DATESBETWEEN and EDATE functions should resolve this, please check this.

LYMTD = CALCULATE(DISTINCTCOUNT(lwmain[lwmainid]),DATESBETWEEN(MasterDate[Date], EDATE(STARTOFMONTH(MasterDate[Date]),-12),
EDATE(TODAY(),-12)
))

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
AlecMaly

How did you get the status icons for KP_ and K_ columns?

CheenuSing
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @dkel6177

Please check out the link

http://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/How-to-display-sales-YTD-and-sales-last-YTD-over-years/m-p/1...

If this solves your issue please give KUDOS.

Cheers

CheenuSing

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution and also give KUDOS !

Proud to be a Datanaut!
Ssingh
Frequent Visitor

Use of DATESBETWEEN and EDATE functions should resolve this, please check this.

LYMTD = CALCULATE(DISTINCTCOUNT(lwmain[lwmainid]),DATESBETWEEN(MasterDate[Date], EDATE(STARTOFMONTH(MasterDate[Date]),-12),
EDATE(TODAY(),-12)
))

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors