Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

IrishChristof
Frequent Visitor

DAX Values are before one date column, after another date column

Hi, I am trying to put together a report that looks at payments relating to customers who havent been on or returned from a trip.

I have a date table (DatesTable[Date]) linked to Payment Date (Pay[PayDate]), is it possible to also filter the returned date column (Pay[ReturnedDate])... I am using PowerPivot.

This is what I've tried...

<code>

VAR SelectedDate = MAX(DatesTable[Date])
VAR CumultiveReceipts =
FILTER (
'Pay',
'Pay'[PayDate]
<= SelectedDate
&& 'Pay'[PayDate] <= SelectedDate
&& 'Pay'[ReturnedDate] >= SelectedDate
)
RETURN
SUMX ( CumultiveReceipts, [YTDPay])

</code>

YTDPay is taking the total cumulative receipts based on my selected date..

<code>

YTDPay:=CALCULATE([NetReceiptsPay],

FILTER(ALL(DatesTable)

,DatesTable[Date] <= MAX(DatesTable[Date]) && DatesTable[Date] > MAX(DatesTable[Date])-7000

)

)

</code>

Anyone able to help?

2 REPLIES 2
sturlaws
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

hi @IrishChristof 

it is possible to have more than 1 relationship between to tables. E.g. you can create a relationship between DatesTable[Date] and Pay[ReturnedDate], in the model view you will see that the line representing this relationship is dashed. This means that the relationship is inactive. In a measure you can activate it by using the USERELATIONSHIP-function

Cheers,
Sturla

If this post helps, then please consider Accepting it as the solution. Kudos are nice too.

Thanks for the guidance.. I have created the relationship in the model (one active, and one inactive)..

How would I go about using the USERELATIONSHIP function to show sum of revenue ( Pay[RevenueGBP]) if Pay[PaymentDate] is before 13th February and Pay[ReturnDate] is after 13th February if I selected 13th February in DatesTable[Date]

ie: a list of payments received for customers who havent returned 

?

Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors