Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

CEllis
Resolver I
Resolver I

DAX - Report Designer

Hi,

Wounderd if any one could clarify.

I am using the performance Analyzer in PowerBi Desktop to generate the DAX query and copy that into the PowerBi Report Designer Query. Once I publish the PowerBi Desktop to a premium workspace then run the Report Deisigner quey it all works.

What I am getting confused with is why this still works with fields from different tables without needing to creat relationships with the tables.

Hope this makes some sence.

Many thanks

Chris

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@CEllis , Are you creating that report(Report builder report) using the power bi dataset? if yes, that already has all information

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@CEllis , Are you creating that report(Report builder report) using the power bi dataset? if yes, that already has all information

@amitchandak , Yes thats right. 

I am creating a visual table in PowerBi Desktop that uses fields from different tables then publising it.

Then using the performance analizer to get the DAX query and pasting it into the PowerBi Report Designer.

I thnk what I find confusing is that it doesnt look like the releationships are handled in Report Designer which I think is what you are saying. They are handled in the Published PowerBi Dashboard.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors