Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

JasserBI
Frequent Visitor

DAX Measures for counting time differencies by speed category

Hello Community,

I am trying to calculate through only DAX Measures the quantity of tickets being responded in 4 categories of speed (Difference between the timestamp of ticket creation minus the timestamp of ticket_start_to_resolve) :

<1 minute, 1 to 5 minutes, 5 to 60 minutes, >1 Hour

What I have tried until now 🙂

1.- Perform a measurement called SpeedResponse 

SpeedResponse = SUMX(factTable, 'factTable[ticket_response_timestamp] - 'factTable[ticket_creation_timestamp])

2.- (integration of 2.- and 3.- former steps into one Measurement).

<1 min_total = 

//I know the following is not working, but in that way you will see the idea behind calculating the total of rows (tickets) with specific speed so that I can count them and then filter that total ammount with the additional filters later.

var _lessThan1Minute = COUNTX(factTable,

CALCULATE([SpeedResponse], IF(AND(HOUR([SpeedResponse])=0, MINUTE([SpeedResponse])<1),1,0))

)

var _lessthan1MinuteFiltered = 

CALCULATE(_lessThan1Minute),

FILTER(ALL(factTable[ticketOrigin]), ALL(factTable[ticketOrigin]="outsourcing")

return

_lessthan1MinuteFiltered

Thank you so much in advance community!

2 REPLIES 2
JasserBI
Frequent Visitor

Hello @amitchandak,

Thank you for your response. It helped me to finally arrive to solution which consists in two steps:

1.- Creating a measure of the time difference in an AVERAGEX iterator.

2.- Using with CALCULATE that formula filtered with the rest of parameters to consider and the columns involved with the condition of that measure in each category >1min

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@JasserBI , Have 4 measure like

SpeedResponse = SUMX(filter(factTable, Datediff( 'factTable'[ticket_creation_timestamp],'factTable'[ticket_response_timestamp] , minute) <1),
Datediff( 'factTable'[ticket_creation_timestamp],'factTable'[ticket_response_timestamp] , minute) )

of create one like

SpeedResponse = maxx(factTable, var _diff =Datediff( 'factTable'[ticket_creation_timestamp],'factTable'[ticket_response_timestamp] , minute)
Switch( True() ,
_diff < 1 , " < 1 Minute" ,
_diff < 5 , " 1 to 5 minutes" ,
_diff < 60 , " 5 to 60 minutes" , ">1 Hour"
) )

Consider Segmentation

Dynamic Segmentation Bucketing Binning
https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Quick-Measures-Gallery/Dynamic-Segmentation-Bucketing-Binning/m-p/1...

Dynamic Segmentation, Bucketing or Binning: https://youtu.be/CuczXPj0N-k

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors