Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

doris00

DAX Measures ALL, REMOVEFILTERS

Greetings.

I have a filter slicer with year, month and week number of year.
From a week selection (lets say 38 which is a week in September) I need a visual to show all the applications made in that month.
If I select a week in August I want all applications made in August regardless of the week.

doris00_0-1663663997181.png

This is for September, week 38

doris00_1-1663664050292.png

I've used ALLSELECTED to keep the filter coming from the year and the month, but I want to remove filter from the weeknumberofyear.

Yet it doesn't work.

I have tried REMOVEFILTERS as well to weeknumber column but it is not working.
Can you share some thoughts?

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
doris00

Instead of a hierarchical slicer We created 2 slicers, one having year and month, and the other having weeknumber of year.
The 2nd slicer does not affect total monthly applications after we modified in Edit Interactions

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
doris00

Instead of a hierarchical slicer We created 2 slicers, one having year and month, and the other having weeknumber of year.
The 2nd slicer does not affect total monthly applications after we modified in Edit Interactions

doris00

Below is the DAX Code generated by Performance Analyzer

johnt75
Super User
Super User

Its possible that another column correlated to the week number is being added to the filter context. Use Performance Analyzer to copy the DAX code generated for the visual and examine it in DAX Studio, that should tell you which columns are being used as filters and which are being used in the calculation.

Its particulalry common for additional filters to be added with fields from a date table, as lots of columns are sorted by another column, and those sort by columns are also included in the results.

This is the DAX Code generated.

doris00_0-1663668997838.png

I'm not sure if this dimdate[Order] is causing the issue or something else.

I added 

REMOVEFILTERS(Dimdate[Order]) 
But it didn't resolve the issue.

Try replacing the ALLSELECTED on Year and month name, and the ALL on week number, with ALLEXCEPT(DimDate, DimDate[CalendarYear], DimDate[Albanian Month Name])

Still it doesn't work.

doris00_0-1663676429526.png

I cant get rid of the weeknumber filter.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors