Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

DAX Measure Works in Table but Doesn't Show in Chart

Demigods,

I'm currently following this video on setting up a P&L. Only modification I made was in making the % of Revenue a bit more dynamic because the total revenue will vary depending on the Category (as seen in the slicer in the top left corner below)

CALCULATE(
	[MVI.Combined Report Budget w Detail],
	ALLSELECTED( 'MVI AccountLineup'),
	'MVI Acct Headers'[MVI Header] = "Net Patient Revenue"
	)

The measure works at a higher level:

Capture1.png

However, when you drill down with the slicers (SubType) below, the chart no longer displays properly BUT the pivot table is calculating the SubType correctly

Capture2.png

I have no idea why this is. Any guidance on what my issue might be would be greatly appreciated

If I use the original measure from the video,

CALCULATE(
	[MVI.Combined Report Budget w Detail],
	ALL( 'MVI AccountLineup'),
	'MVI Acct Headers'[MVI Header] = "Net Patient Revenue"
	)

the drill down works, but then the grand total of the revenue is taken and I don't want that, do I need another ALL after the ALLSELECTED somewhere?

1 REPLY 1
sturlaws
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @Anonymous 

the ALLSELECT-dunction is a particular tricky piece of work: https://www.sqlbi.com/articles/the-definitive-guide-to-allselected/

I don't understand it well enough to tell you why your modified measure stops working.

However, your table does not seem to be responding to the slicers, so that explains why it shows a value while your chart doesn't.

Cheers,
Sturla

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors