Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

shiltonen
Frequent Visitor

DAX Filtering with multiple measures

I have created some statistical measure for lower bound, quartile 1, median, quartile 3, and upper bound.  I would like to have a count  of the records that lay between these boudaries.  So, as an example, I created this:

COUNTROWS(FILTER(TechData, TechData[VALUE] >= TechData[Lower Bound] && TechData[AcceptanceTime] < Quartile1))

This returns a blank value.  I've discovered that if I put the actual value into the second part of the &&, I get the correct response.  So, this works:

COUNTROWS(FILTER(TechData, TechData[VALUE] >= TechData[Lower Bound] && TechData[AcceptanceTime] < 20))

Any ideas why it can process the first measure, but seems to have issues when the second is added?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
johnt75
Super User
Super User

Not sure if this will fix it but try

Num rows =
var lowerBound = [Lower Bound]
var quartile1 =[Quartile1]
return COUNTROWS(FILTER( TechData, TechData[VALUE]> = lowerBound && TechDate[AcceptanceTime] < quartile1))

this will only compute lower bound and quartile 1 once, rather than having to recompute for each row of TechData.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
johnt75
Super User
Super User

Not sure if this will fix it but try

Num rows =
var lowerBound = [Lower Bound]
var quartile1 =[Quartile1]
return COUNTROWS(FILTER( TechData, TechData[VALUE]> = lowerBound && TechDate[AcceptanceTime] < quartile1))

this will only compute lower bound and quartile 1 once, rather than having to recompute for each row of TechData.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors