Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Daniel71
Frequent Visitor

DAX Date-table not culture/language aware

I've created a Date-table with DAX in a tabular-model in Azure Analysis Service with Visual Studio 2017.
I develop in English (Culture en-US) but the reports are for Ducth-collegeas (Culture NL-nl). 
In the tabular-model is a Dutch-translation for the labels.

This translation of the labels works bij using PowerBI (Dutch) but the description in the date-table doesn't  change.   Monthname, Dayname etc etc.

Example  "DayOfWeek"; FORMAT ( [Date]; "dddd" );   shows Wednesday instead of Woensdag for the the Dutch of Mittwoch in German

3 REPLIES 3
Daniel71
Frequent Visitor

I think I know what te problem is.
When you create the Date-table in DAX in PowerBI the values get recalculated.

When you make the Date-table in Azure Analyses Services (English) in a tabular model. AAS sees this as a column in a table and 'freezes' the values because it isn't a measue.

I believe it's not possible to 'recalculate' the value to let's see Dutch.

I wander how enterprises like with different stores solve this issue!

@GuyInACube 

avanderschilden
Resolver I
Resolver I

Hello,

Did you test how Wednesday is displayed in the report when consuming it on powerbi.com with explorer language set to Dutch? I remember one of my colleagues had his Chrome set to Dutch language, and everything was in Dutch on powerbi.com.

Regards,

Adrian

Hello,

I'm not using Powerbi.com yet but de Ducth desktop-version.

Al labels are translated conform my translation-file to Ducth except the 'values' in the table.

Gr Daniel

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors