Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

McFarlandL

DAX Command for blank

Good evening Everyone,

I am working on a dashboard that when you hover over a card, a tool tip gives the status of a system.  I'm pulling data from our ticketing system and need the fly out to state "There is no current reported degradation or outage for this system" when there is not an open ticket on the system. 

The fly out currently states this until a ticket is opened, then it provides the update, however, it's not returning to the no reported degradation or outage statement.

My current DAX is Details = if( ticketsource[end date] = blank (), ticketsource[status message], "There is no current reported degradation or outage for this system")

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-jayw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @McFarlandL ,

You could create a new measure to check which result "ticketsource[end date] = blank ()" would return.

And please try ISFILTERED function (DAX) - DAX | Microsoft Learn or HASONEVALUE function (DAX) - DAX | Microsoft Learn instead.

Best Regards,

Jay

Community Support Team _ Jay
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution
to help the other members find it.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-jayw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @McFarlandL ,

You could create a new measure to check which result "ticketsource[end date] = blank ()" would return.

And please try ISFILTERED function (DAX) - DAX | Microsoft Learn or HASONEVALUE function (DAX) - DAX | Microsoft Learn instead.

Best Regards,

Jay

Community Support Team _ Jay
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution
to help the other members find it.
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@McFarlandL , Try isblank

My current DAX is Details = if( isblank( ticketsource[end date] ), ticketsource[status message], "There is no current reported degradation or outage for this system")

I tried it just as suggested, refreshed the data, just to make sure, but still did not work as intended.  

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors