cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kaleem_k

Custom Roll up calculation in Power bi using DAX queries or Semi additive measures calculations

Rollup1.PNGScreen shot 2

Hi Team,

We need to calculate Account Dimension Custom roll up in Power BI reports and same functionality is supported by multidimensional SSAS cube, Can please help how we can achive from Power BI using DAX queries

Please see above Account dimension table structure  from attched screens

How to calculate account_custom_member formulas and parent and child rollup dynamically..

qqCapture.PNGScreen 2

example 

How to calculate account_custom_member formulas and parent and child rollup dynamically..

4 REPLIES 4
Super User IV
Super User IV

Re: Custom Roll up calculation in Power bi using DAX queries or Semi additive measures calculations

Can you post that as text and maybe what the desired output would be? Please see this post regarding How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/ba-p/38490

---------------------------------------

Putting square pegs in round holes since 1972.

I have a NEW book! 
DAX Cookbook from Packt
Over 120 DAX Recipes!
Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!

goutham
Frequent Visitor

Re: Custom Roll up calculation in Power bi using DAX queries or Semi additive measures calculations

Hi @Kaleem_k ,

we are looking for something exacly similar , could you let us know if you have a solution already for this? 

Regards

Goutham

Super User IV
Super User IV

Hi there. Would this help you in any way? https://www.daxpatterns.com/parent-child-hierarchies/#profit-and-loss-account-hierarchy

Best
D

Have I answered your question?
Please mark my post as the solution.

Please don't forget your Kudos if you don't mind. Thanks.

goutham
Frequent Visitor

Hi @darlove ,

Thank you for the reply . I came across the link you provided already.

However i am interested to custom rollup and though I am trying report Revenue and other financial numbers they are not  rolledup . i mean parent has in total slight different number than its children.

so along with your link , I also used this https://gbrueckl.wordpress.com/2013/07/26/dax-vs-mdx-datamembers-in-parent-child-hierarchies/  to get my required solution.

Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
Announcing the New Spanish Forum

Announcing the New Spanish Forum

Do you need help in Spanish? Check out our new Spanish community section.

April 2020 Community Highlights

April 2020 Community Highlights

Info on our Super Users, MBAS content and badges, and updates to our support articles. - Read the full Community Highlights.

MBAS Gallery 2020

MBAS Gallery 2020

Watch Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions on-demand.