Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Custom Roll up calculation in Power bi using DAX queries or Semi additive measures calculations

Screen shot 2Screen shot 2

Hi Team,

We need to calculate Account Dimension Custom roll up in Power BI reports and same functionality is supported by multidimensional SSAS cube, Can please help how we can achive from Power BI using DAX queries

Please see above Account dimension table structure  from attched screens

How to calculate account_custom_member formulas and parent and child rollup dynamically..

Screen 2Screen 2

example 

How to calculate account_custom_member formulas and parent and child rollup dynamically..

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous ,

Thank you for the reply . I came across the link you provided already.

However i am interested to custom rollup and though I am trying report Revenue and other financial numbers they are not  rolledup . i mean parent has in total slight different number than its children.

so along with your link , I also used this https://gbrueckl.wordpress.com/2013/07/26/dax-vs-mdx-datamembers-in-parent-child-hierarchies/  to get my required solution.

Thanks

goutham
Frequent Visitor

Hi @Anonymous ,

we are looking for something exacly similar , could you let us know if you have a solution already for this? 

Regards

Goutham

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

Can you post that as text and maybe what the desired output would be? Please see this post regarding How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/ba-p/38490

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors