Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

AudreyWen
Helper I
Helper I

Cumulative ascending repeat with change in column

Hi,

I don't know how to create an formula in PowerBI that makes ascending cumulatives that repeats with every change in column "Name".

Example: (Als = IF function)

Example1.PNG

In this example is the calculated column "cumulative visitors".

This shows that "Ans" had 7 visitors in total on 5-9-2019 (4+3). The cumulative numbers has to start with every change in name.

I have tried;

Example3.PNG

But this gives only the total cumulative number for a name. The same result as for column "SomAls" with calculation:

SomAls = CALCULATE(SUM(Blad1[Aantal bezoekers]);ALLEXCEPT(BLAD1;Blad1[Naam])).

So this doesn't give the right numbers that i want. 

I have no idea how i can create the same calculated column in PowerBI.

I hope someone knows how i can do this.

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi,

Calcum = CALCULATE(SUM('Table'[Total Visitors]),ALLEXCEPT('Table','Table'[Name],'Table'[Date],'Table'[Index]),FILTER('Table','Table'[Name]<=EARLIER('Table'[Name]) && 'Table'[Date]<=EARLIER('Table'[Date]) && 'Table'[Index]=EARLIER('Table'[Index])))
DD.JPG

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Sandeep M

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
deepu2108
Frequent Visitor

Use the below Formula.

CumSum = CALCULATE(SUM('Table'[Total Visitors]),ALLEXCEPT('Table','Table'[Name]),FILTER('Table','Table'[Name]<=EARLIER('Table'[Name]) && 'Table'[Date]<=EARLIER('Table'[Date])))

@deepu2108 wrote:

Use the below Formula.

CumSum = CALCULATE(SUM('Table'[Total Visitors]),ALLEXCEPT('Table','Table'[Name]),FILTER('Table','Table'[Name]<=EARLIER('Table'[Name]) && 'Table'[Date]<=EARLIER('Table'[Date])))

Hi, Thanks for your reply!

I have tried the DAX that you have given me but I still get the wrong numbers:

Example4.PNG

In the first range it starts goed but from "Jan" it goes wrong. The numbers has to be the same as in column "Cumulative visitors".

Can you please help me again with this? 🙂 

kentyler
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

see my reply below

Did this post answer your question? Mark it as a solution so others can find it!

Help when you know. Ask when you don't!