cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dwatson Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Creating a measure to meet three specific conditions for Quarter pipeline metric.

Trying to figure out what the best method to create a metric used for my pipeline report. I'm looking at Opportunites that has to satisfy three rules: 1) create date < current quarter start data, 2) close date is >= current quarter start date, and 3) close date is <= current quarter close date. There's currently a slicer being used on the page FYI. So I feel that it would have to be built into the measure.

2 REPLIES 2
Nathaniel_C Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Re: Creating a measure to meet three specific conditions for Quarter pipeline metric.

Hi @dwatson ,

Perhaps something like this:

Let me know if you have any questions.

If this solves your issues, please mark it as the solution, so that others can find it easily. Kudos are nice too.
Nathaniel

Opportunity = var CreateDate= Date< current quarter start date
                       var CloseDate >=Date <current quarter start date && Date <= current quarter end date

Final = CALCULATE(measure), FILTER(ALL(Table),Table[Col] = CreateDate,Table[Col2] = CloseDate))

return Final

Highlighted
dwatson Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: Creating a measure to meet three specific conditions for Quarter pipeline metric.

I had a little trouble. I was able to get the following to work -

Test Pipeline = CALCULATE(SUM(OpportunityFORREPORTING[opportunity.Net_New_Sales__c]), OpportunityFORREPORTING[opportunity.CreatedDate] <DATE(2019,10,01), AND(OpportunityFORREPORTING[opportunity.CloseDate] >=DATE(2019,10,01), OpportunityFORREPORTING[opportunity.CloseDate] <=DATE(2020,01,01)))

However, I need this to be dynamic and right now it's static.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Can You Solve These Challenge

Challenge: Can You Solve These?

Find out how to participate in the first Power BI 'Can You Solve These?' challenge.

Community News & Announcements

Community News & Announcements

Get your latest community news and announcements.

Virtual Launch Event

Microsoft Business Applications October Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

Community Kudopalooza

Win Power BI Swag with Community Kudopalooza!

Each week, complete activities and be qualified in the drawing for cool Power BI Swag.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 44 members 843 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: