cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PowerBIUser99

Creating a measure that is independent of filters

Hi all,

I hope that there is one in this community who could be helpful - I have two measures: 1) YTD numbers and 2) FY numbers. However, on the report there is also a filter on months, so what I need is to create a function of FY numbers to be independent of the filtering from the variable months.

Can anybody be helpful here?

4 REPLIES 4
PowerBIUser99

@amitchandak Thank you for the response. I tried all three measures, but none of them worked.

PowerBIUser99_0-1631878087709.png

See the picture, in one table I have YTD and FY giving the exact same amount because of filtering Year-To-Date, however the table next is giving the exact amount supposed for FY. I need a measure for the one in the table to the left giving the same amount as the one in the right. 

@PowerBIUser99 ,Can you share sample data and sample output in table format? Or a sample pbix after removing sensitive data.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos!! !!
Dashboard of My Blogs !! Connect on Linkedin

Learn Power BI Beginners !! Advance Power BI Concepts !! Power BI For Tableau User !! Learn Power BI in Hindi !!
Proud to be a Super User!

@amitchandak Nevermind, I took the wrong month variable, which was the reason behind the measure not working! Sorry, but also thank you! Now it works perfectly 😄

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@PowerBIUser99 , If FY is current FY ?

One way is

New FY = calculate([FY], removefilters(Date[Month Year]))

or

New FY = calculate([FY], all(Date]))

Here FY should have its own filter for date

or

calculate(Sum(Table[Value]), filter(all(Date), [FY] = max([FY]))

or use slicer on an independent date table

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos!! !!
Dashboard of My Blogs !! Connect on Linkedin

Learn Power BI Beginners !! Advance Power BI Concepts !! Power BI For Tableau User !! Learn Power BI in Hindi !!
Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

November Power BI Update 768x460.png

Check it Out!

Click here to read more about the November 2021 Updates!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.