Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

PowerBIUser99

Creating a measure that is independent of filters

Hi all,

I hope that there is one in this community who could be helpful - I have two measures: 1) YTD numbers and 2) FY numbers. However, on the report there is also a filter on months, so what I need is to create a function of FY numbers to be independent of the filtering from the variable months.

Can anybody be helpful here?

4 REPLIES 4
PowerBIUser99

@amitchandak Thank you for the response. I tried all three measures, but none of them worked.

PowerBIUser99_0-1631878087709.png

See the picture, in one table I have YTD and FY giving the exact same amount because of filtering Year-To-Date, however the table next is giving the exact amount supposed for FY. I need a measure for the one in the table to the left giving the same amount as the one in the right. 

@PowerBIUser99 ,Can you share sample data and sample output in table format? Or a sample pbix after removing sensitive data.

@amitchandak Nevermind, I took the wrong month variable, which was the reason behind the measure not working! Sorry, but also thank you! Now it works perfectly 😄

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@PowerBIUser99 , If FY is current FY ?

One way is

New FY = calculate([FY], removefilters(Date[Month Year]))

or

New FY = calculate([FY], all(Date]))

Here FY should have its own filter for date

or

calculate(Sum(Table[Value]), filter(all(Date), [FY] = max([FY]))

or use slicer on an independent date table

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors