Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

liamcol
Helper I
Helper I

Creating a measure in Dax to calculate difference between two rows (similar to excel)

liamcol_0-1613347955854.png

I would like to create a new column which would measure the difference between the two rows to find the "scan length"

What would be the DAX formula for this?  

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
wdx223_Daniel
Super User
Super User

new column=maxx(filter(table,table[Local Time]>earlier(table[Local Time])),table[Local Time])-table[Local Time]

Nathaniel_C
Super User
Super User

Hi @liamcol 
Try this:

Diff = 
var _curMeasure = MAX(myTable[Measure]) //This row's measure
var _curTime = MAX(myTable[Time])       //This row's time

var _calc = CALCULATE(MAX(myTable[Measure]),FILTER(ALL(myTable),myTable[Time]<_curTime))  //Get the measure of the previous row

return IF(_curMeasure-_calc=_curMeasure,0,_curMeasure-_calc)  //if there is no previous measure, then 0 else the diff

image.png

Let me know if you have any questions.

If this solves your issues, please mark it as the solution, so that others can find it easily. Kudos 👍are nice too.
Nathaniel

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

I am unsure what to put for this rows measure? 

Thanks

Hi @liamcol ,
As you did not supply us with a pbix, I created a quick table called myTable with the columns named Time and Measure. 

mytable.PNG

Let me know if you have any questions.

If this solves your issues, please mark it as the solution, so that others can find it easily. Kudos 👍are nice too.
Nathaniel

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors