Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

OCBB_SFAFPandA
Resolver I
Resolver I

Creating a filter from measures

Hello,

I have 2 measures I am using (TY Sales, LY Sales). 

I created a measure (with help from this board) to summarize if TY sales or LY sales is 0 for the filtered time period, it returns a 1, otherwise 0.

IF(coalesce([TY Sales],0) = 0,1,if(coalesce([LY Sales],0) = 0,1,0))

How would I be able to get this in a slicer or the page level filter pane? Ideally I would rename the 0/1 to some text 

OCBB_SFAFPandA_0-1656090209315.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yalanwu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @OCBB_SFAFPandA ;

1. Calculation column/table not support dynamic changed based on filter or slicer.
2. Measure can be affected by filter/slicer, so you can use it to get dynamic summary result in a visual by its row context.

https://www.sqlbi.com/articles/calculated-columns-and-measures-in-dax/

So you could not drag a measure into slicer, this will lead to an infinite loop.

Until now, we can't add measure in Page level filter, please review this 
feature request and vote it.

It is a place for customers provide feedback about Microsoft Office products . What’s more, if a feedback is high voted there by other customers, it will be promising that Microsoft Product Team will take it into consideration when designing the next version in the future.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yalan Wu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-yalanwu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @OCBB_SFAFPandA ;

1. Calculation column/table not support dynamic changed based on filter or slicer.
2. Measure can be affected by filter/slicer, so you can use it to get dynamic summary result in a visual by its row context.

https://www.sqlbi.com/articles/calculated-columns-and-measures-in-dax/

So you could not drag a measure into slicer, this will lead to an infinite loop.

Until now, we can't add measure in Page level filter, please review this 
feature request and vote it.

It is a place for customers provide feedback about Microsoft Office products . What’s more, if a feedback is high voted there by other customers, it will be promising that Microsoft Product Team will take it into consideration when designing the next version in the future.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yalan Wu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

ribisht17
Super User
Super User

ribisht17_3-1656092353479.png

Regards,

Ritesh

Mark my post as a solution if it helped you| Munde and Kudis (Ladies and Gentlemen) I like your Kudos!! !!
My YT Channel Dancing With Data !! Connect on Linkedin !!Power BI for Tableau Users 

ribisht17
Super User
Super User

@OCBB_SFAFPandA 

This can be done, what is the problem?

The TY/LY sales are measures and PBI doesn't allow me to drag the condition measure to a slicer or filter pane. On the filter pane, I can only do it on a visual

OCBB_SFAFPandA_0-1656098895513.png

Some other solutions I saw were to include in condition formula in my table and make it "invisible" and filter that way. But I need the users to have the option with a slicer/page visual pane to either have the condition on or off. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors