Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

idymkowski

Creating a condition based event counter

I have a dataset with time and inventory levels.  I want to create a counter (within a designated time period) of the # of unique rows where the inventory drops below a specified limit (in this example below 1000).  In the spreadsheet example attached, there are 4 instances I'd like to have triggered.  If I were grouping by hour, there would be one hour with 2 occurances and two hours with 1 occurance each.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Beyond this, I'm also going to be interested in calculating the length of time the inventory stayed below the limit.  Thanks in advance.

idymkowski_0-1624043391980.png

4 REPLIES 4
HashamNiaz
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @idymkowski !

You can create a custom column using below DAX;

IsBelow = IF(Table[Inverntory] < 1000, 1, 0)

This will give you a 1/0 flag whether Inventory is below the limit or not, now you can use this column to create a measure which will sum / count these occurences.

BelowLimit = SUM(Inventory[IsBelow])

Regards,

Hasham

If I am reading that correctly, it will flag a "1" for each occurance below 1000.  For the first part of my question, I'm only looking for the flag to be there for the 1st record below 1000 (and then reset once the inventory rises above 1000 again).

Hi @idymkowski !

Got it, please paste sample data for your problem. I have overlooked your initial requirement.

Regards,

Hasham

a sample spreadsheet was in the original post.  Do you need more than that?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors