Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ElistheFox

Create metric with same value based on specific row

Dear PBI community, 

In the picture below, I have a column with sum of total sales for all countries. I would like to add a NEW metric (for example Total Sales of USA) which will have value of United States sales on all rows. Consequently, I would create ANOTHER NEW metric and divide (result will be in %) column Total Sales of USA by column Total Sales. How am I able to achieve it with DAX?

Screenshot 2022-11-11 at 9.44.28.png

Thanks a lot for your help, I have gone through some forum threads but I could not find answer for this specific challenge.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-rongtiep-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ElistheFox ,

If so, please create a measure based on the [usa sales].

measure=maxx(all(Sales Territory),[usa sales])

vpollymsft_0-1668493588931.png

If it still does not help, please provide more details with your desired output and pbix file without privacy information.

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Polly

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-rongtiep-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ElistheFox ,

If so, please create a measure based on the [usa sales].

measure=maxx(all(Sales Territory),[usa sales])

vpollymsft_0-1668493588931.png

If it still does not help, please provide more details with your desired output and pbix file without privacy information.

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Polly

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your reply, however, it does not work. If I apply your formula, I will get result only on row with United States. But I need to see the same result on all rows. I´ve even tried to delete all filters but still, no progress.

daXtreme
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

This is such a basic thing to do in DAX that I don't believe you couldn't find it on the forum or even on YT. But nevertheless...

[USA Sales] =
CALCULATE(
    [Total Sales],
    'Sales Territory'[Sales Territory Country] = "usa"
)

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors