Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Cathe208
Frequent Visitor

Create a visualization that compares 2 weeks: week "x" and "x-1"

I need to create a visualization that compares sales data from week "x" and week "x-1", that is, the week immediately before.

Something like this:

Ima.png

First, I created a filter per week. then, I was thinking of using cards, in the first card, add the sales of the week "x", in the second card, I should show the sales of the week "x-1". I used the following measure:

Sale_sem_bef = CALCULATE(SUM(Sales[COP Value]);FILTER(Calendar;Calendar[Profit_Week]=[filter_sem_bef])).

filter_sem_bef = SELECTEDVALUE(Calendar[Profit_Week];1)-1

However, the measurement (Sale_sem_bef) is blank.

I believe that the week's initial filter is affecting the measurement.

How can I solve it? Is there another way to get what I need?

Thaks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Nathaniel_C
Super User
Super User

Hi @Cathe208 ,

Total Rollover = 
VAR maxDate =
    MAX (m1[Real Date])
VAR Rollover =
    CALCULATE (
        [Sum Excess],
           m1[Real Date]  <= maxDate )

RETURN
    Rollover

You will need to do something along these lines to get a previous date or week. In this case, maxDate is set to a the current date, and you filter the table if you use < to the row before this date.  I will provide my pbix and hopefully you can tease out the pattern. Unfortunately I am working on something right now. Rollover or go to https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/Using-EARLIER-with-a-SMART-INDEX/ba-p/809341 and scroll down to the comment by MarcoRusso.  Or finally google dax Previous Row.  You are looking for a pattern.  Good Luck! Nathaniel

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Nathaniel_C
Super User
Super User

Hi @Cathe208 ,

Total Rollover = 
VAR maxDate =
    MAX (m1[Real Date])
VAR Rollover =
    CALCULATE (
        [Sum Excess],
           m1[Real Date]  <= maxDate )

RETURN
    Rollover

You will need to do something along these lines to get a previous date or week. In this case, maxDate is set to a the current date, and you filter the table if you use < to the row before this date.  I will provide my pbix and hopefully you can tease out the pattern. Unfortunately I am working on something right now. Rollover or go to https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/Using-EARLIER-with-a-SMART-INDEX/ba-p/809341 and scroll down to the comment by MarcoRusso.  Or finally google dax Previous Row.  You are looking for a pattern.  Good Luck! Nathaniel

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Nathaniel_C Thanks very much for your solution. It worked.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors