Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

314mp_M0th4
Resolver I
Resolver I

Create a new table from an existing table by splitting a column by dates using DAX

Hello. I have some data in power BI representing tasks. 

TaskStart dateEnd dateProgress
Get data1.1.202331.5.202325%
Create visuals1.3.202331.6.20230%

The idea is to split each year into 3 parts and make a gantt chart for the tasks. However, if a task spans multiple parts it must be split into different task for each part. The progress must also be calculated seperatly for each part the task is in. Any ideas how this might be done with DAX?

Thanks in advance.

2 REPLIES 2
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Not enough sample data to work with. You would also need to assume linear progress over time. That's not what happens in real life.

Lets say each period id 4 months, so period one ends in april. A task may start in january and finish in june so the goal is to split it into two tasks, one that spans period 1 and another that is from may to june. So only one data point should be fine. But I guess one could ask the project managers to do this manually as its not a lot of work.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors