Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

brirack
Regular Visitor

Create a measure for count of values by month - and then show all dates in a visualisation

Hi, I have a date table with Jan - June 2021. then another table with row of employee no and a column of corresponding month. I can filter by month and show the different employee count, my question is - how do I create a new visualisation with count of employee for each month that ignores the month filter? Is there a simple measure for this? thanks 🙂

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
nvprasad
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi,

You have two options.

1. Use the below DAX function.

IngoreMonth = CALCULATE([EmployeeCount],REMOVEFILTERS('Date'))

2. Stop Edit interaction with the second visual with month slicer ( Select month slicer then go to format tab click on edit interaction then click on the circle icon above. the second visual)

Appreciate a Kudos! 🙂
If this helps and resolves the issue, please mark it as a Solution! 🙂

Regards,
N V Durga Prasad

View solution in original post

daxer-almighty
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

You don't need a measure for this. It's enough if you just edit the interactions between your visuals. Click the visual, go to the Format tab and then to the Edit Interactions button. On the other visual make it look like this:

daxeralmighty_0-1626546832622.png

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
daxer-almighty
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

You don't need a measure for this. It's enough if you just edit the interactions between your visuals. Click the visual, go to the Format tab and then to the Edit Interactions button. On the other visual make it look like this:

daxeralmighty_0-1626546832622.png

nvprasad
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi,

You have two options.

1. Use the below DAX function.

IngoreMonth = CALCULATE([EmployeeCount],REMOVEFILTERS('Date'))

2. Stop Edit interaction with the second visual with month slicer ( Select month slicer then go to format tab click on edit interaction then click on the circle icon above. the second visual)

Appreciate a Kudos! 🙂
If this helps and resolves the issue, please mark it as a Solution! 🙂

Regards,
N V Durga Prasad

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors