Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

ballist1x
Helper III
Helper III

Create a measure - Date filtering

Hi i am trying to cretae a measure to calculate for example, revenue which is filtered by 2 date ranges, for example

NEW Revenue = (Table1[Revenue]), Filtered by Date[Year]<2019 where the revenue is equal to or less than £0 AND Filter by Date[Year]>2020 where the revenue >£0

is there a simple way to write this in Dax?

5 REPLIES 5
PiyushH1
Helper I
Helper I

hello,

I am on your query , but can you please explain me more in detail what you are trying to achive ?

I will try to help you.

Thank you.

Piyush 

thnak you, i am trying to work out who are net new customers, i.e those that have not bought certain products before in a set time frame and those who have bought customers this year for example so that we can count the number of them for analysis purposes.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @ballist1x 

In your logic you have mentioned year<2019 AND Year>2020.

Please check the above logic this will never evaluate to true for AND condition. May be requirement is OR COndtion.

Measure=calculate( Sum(table[revenue]),filter(table, (table[year]<2019 && table[revenue]<0) || (table[year]>2020 && table[revenue]>0) )

Thanks

Pravin Wattamwar.

if it resolves your problem  mark it as solution and give kudos.

hi thanks, i tried this but got an error:

"A function 'FILTER' has been used in a True/False expression that is used as a table filter expression. This is not allowed."

Hi @ballist1x ,

there is a option  quick new  measue under filter "sales from new customer". please try this. 

it should work.

if it resolves your problem  mark it as solution and give kudos.

Regards,

Piyush

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors