Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Create a list to show if a training has been completed based on multiple text in a column.

Hello, I'm looking for a way to create a list that shows whether a training has been completed by an employee, in progress or not started. There are 6 trainings listed in one column, which I’ll call Training. The file for employee training contains the name of the training when it has been completed by the employee. If the employee hasn’t completed the training, their name or employee ID number will not appear on that file. Since the file is limited, I have to merge this employee training file with a separate employee information file. The two files are combined by the employee’s unique ID number. This allows me to see null when a training is not in the system for the employee. Now I have to come up with a way to say, if the file contains all 6 trainings per selected employee in this file, then training is complete, if the file contains some completed trainings per selected employee then training is in progress, if the file contains no trainings per employee than training is not started. Help will be greatly appreciated; I’ve tried if statements, but since I’m not aggregating the column they don’t work with measures. I’m also struggling with making a calculated colummn.

Here's an example of the output I’m trying to produce. So far, i have added the Training Status column, but I'm not sure how to group as completed, not started or in progress.

Example.jpg

Below are examples of the inputs.

EmployeeListExampleTable.jpgEmployeeTrainingExampleTable.jpgMergedTableExample.jpg

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
harshnathani
Community Champion
Community Champion

training_Completed.PNG

Hi,

I have tried creating this. Is this what you are looking for.

Do you know how can someone upload the pbix.

I am new to this community.

Regards,

Harsh 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
harshnathani
Community Champion
Community Champion

training_Completed.PNG

Hi,

I have tried creating this. Is this what you are looking for.

Do you know how can someone upload the pbix.

I am new to this community.

Regards,

Harsh 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Hello Harsh,

I have something (almost) similar to this thread and was wondering if you still have that pbix available or the steps you've taken to your solution?

Anonymous
Not applicable

This is what I'm looking for. Thank you for replying!

I am actually not sure how to attach a pbix, which is why i took screenshots but please do share if we're unable to share the pbix.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I was able to download and I'm reviewing now. Thanks again.

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

Can you provide an example of the input as well? I can't tell if this information is in 2 tables or 1 table and if 1 table how it might be structured in terms of columns and how information appears.

Please see this post regarding How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/ba-p/38490

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you very much for responsing and apologies for the lack of detail in the question (it's my first time posting a question). I plugged some dummy data in a blank pbix and shared screenshots.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors