Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

DA1981
Frequent Visitor

Coverage Calculation (Count / Count Distinct)

I am struggling to work out what I think should be some fairly straightforward DAX and can't find anything in the forum. Apologies if I have missed another post.

I have a client and product columns. What I am trying to achieve is to calculate what 'client coverage' each product has. Client coverage is defined by the percentage of clients that have a product and is between 0% and 100%. What is throwing a spanner in doing a COUNT(Products)/COUNT DISTINCT(Clients) is that some clients have some products more than once; the way I want my calculation to work is to be binary: A client has it or doesn't. I am not interested in how many times they have bought it.

Example data:

ClientProduct
A1
A2
A3
B1
B1
B2
C1

In this instance, all clients have product 1, but Client B has it twice. Therefore coverage should be 100% not 133% if I did the formula above.

Expected caluculated output:

ProductClient Coverage
1100%
267%
333%

Any help much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

1 REPLY 1
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Here's a calculated column that you can use for that.

Coverage = DIVIDE(CALCULATE(DISTINCTCOUNT('Table'[Client]),ALLEXCEPT('Table','Table'[Product])),DISTINCTCOUNT('Table'[Client]))

Make sure to set its aggregation to "Don't summarize".

lbendlin_0-1628469783591.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors