Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

renmello
Helper I
Helper I

Count percentage values in measures

Hello, everyone!

I would like to count the number of values in a measure that is under 30%, the number of values in the same measure between 30% and 50% and the number of values that are above 80%.  The measure with the percentage values is: 

% Executada =
    if(sum(Projetos[Orçamento DIretoria])=0,Blank(),DIVIDE(SUM('Tarefas'[Realizado]),SUM(Tarefas[Custo Atual]),0))

It returns this:Power BI.jpg

I've tried COUNTA, COUNTAX with filters, if, calculate, and it always returns 1, as the card above the table shows for the percentages below 30%. What am i missing in my knowledge? 

Thanks for the help!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
renmello
Helper I
Helper I

I found out what i was missing!

I had a table for the measures and a table for the projects. My measure for countx was using the table for the measures instead of the projects table. I was using this measure: 

Qtde <30 = Countax(Filter('Medidas Financeiras','Medidas Financeiras'[% Executada Cronograma]<0.3),'Medidas Financeiras'[% Executada Cronograma])

The right one is: 

Qtde <30 = Countax(Filter('Projetos','Medidas Financeiras'[% Executada Cronograma]<0.3),'Medidas Financeiras'[% Executada Cronograma])

Fixing this i was able to use countax with filter. 

After that i wrote more measures to count between values: 

Qtde entre 30 e 50 = Countax(Filter(projetos,'Medidas Financeiras'[% Executada Cronograma]>=.3 && 'Medidas Financeiras'[% Executada Cronograma]<=0.5),'Medidas Financeiras'[% Executada Cronograma])

Qtde entre 50 e 80 = Countax(Filter(projetos,'Medidas Financeiras'[% Executada Cronograma]>=.5 && 'Medidas Financeiras'[% Executada Cronograma]<=0.8),'Medidas Financeiras'[% Executada Cronograma])

Qtde Maior que 80 = Countax(Filter(projetos,'Medidas Financeiras'[% Executada Cronograma]>0.8),'Medidas Financeiras'[% Executada Cronograma])

Is there a smarter way of counting this?

Thanks for the answer!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
renmello
Helper I
Helper I

I found out what i was missing!

I had a table for the measures and a table for the projects. My measure for countx was using the table for the measures instead of the projects table. I was using this measure: 

Qtde <30 = Countax(Filter('Medidas Financeiras','Medidas Financeiras'[% Executada Cronograma]<0.3),'Medidas Financeiras'[% Executada Cronograma])

The right one is: 

Qtde <30 = Countax(Filter('Projetos','Medidas Financeiras'[% Executada Cronograma]<0.3),'Medidas Financeiras'[% Executada Cronograma])

Fixing this i was able to use countax with filter. 

After that i wrote more measures to count between values: 

Qtde entre 30 e 50 = Countax(Filter(projetos,'Medidas Financeiras'[% Executada Cronograma]>=.3 && 'Medidas Financeiras'[% Executada Cronograma]<=0.5),'Medidas Financeiras'[% Executada Cronograma])

Qtde entre 50 e 80 = Countax(Filter(projetos,'Medidas Financeiras'[% Executada Cronograma]>=.5 && 'Medidas Financeiras'[% Executada Cronograma]<=0.8),'Medidas Financeiras'[% Executada Cronograma])

Qtde Maior que 80 = Countax(Filter(projetos,'Medidas Financeiras'[% Executada Cronograma]>0.8),'Medidas Financeiras'[% Executada Cronograma])

Is there a smarter way of counting this?

Thanks for the answer!
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@renmello , what you wany count. Assume you want to count a column group, then you will do like

countx(summarize(table,table[group], "_1",[% Executada]),[_1]>.3 && [_1]<.5)

Thanks for the answer. 

It looks like the function countx cannot work with values of type boolean.

renmello_0-1597953684053.png

I would like know how many values of the column i created with the measure are <30%, how many are between 30 and 50% and how many are above 80%

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors