Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Count of items on one table where the date is between two dates on another table

Hey All,

Basically, I have two tables: Case, and opportunity. These are linked through another table, Customer.

Basically, I wanted to find out how many cases there are within one year previous of the opportunities close date, for each opportunity. Using a column is too much memory because of the size of the objects, so I wanted to use a measure.

This is how I calculated it, but it doesn't seem to be working:

Cases Yr before Close = Calculate(DistinctCount('SF Case'[id]), Filter(ALL('SF Case'[id]), MAX('SF Case'[createddate]) > MAX('SF Opportunity Dataset'[Prev year close]) && MAX('SF Case'[createddate]) < MAX('SF opportunity Dataset'[Closedate])))

where 'sf case'[id] is the unque case identifier, case created date is when it was created, the prev year close is the closed date -1 year, and the closed date is the closed date. 

for the visuals, I am using the scatter plot with the opp id as the unique identifier.

If anyone has ideas, let me know!
6 REPLIES 6
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , Try like

Cases Yr before Close = Calculate(DistinctCount('SF Case'[id]), Filter(all('SF Case'[id]), ('SF Case'[createddate]) > MIN('SF Opportunity Dataset'[Prev year close]) && ('SF Case'[createddate]) < MAX('SF opportunity Dataset'[Closedate])),values('SF Case'[id]))

Can you share sample data and sample output in table format? Or a sample pbix after removing sensitive data.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Says I can't attach the powerbi file, so I'll screenshot:

JoeRandI_0-1608636327783.png

Link between the two tables through the "account id" - an account can have many opps and many cases, but each account id is distinct, which allows the link

JoeRandI_1-1608636377189.png

Opportunity dataset - basically want to count the SF cases created between those two dates. These are linked through the account object field "accountid"

JoeRandI_4-1608636528428.png

case data, in which I want to count the ids (which represent case) where the date is between the two dates on the opportunity object 

The output would ultimately be this;

JoeRandI_5-1608636595983.png

where each opportunity ID is listed, and the count of linked cases between the two dates on the opportunity table is calculated. I'd probably put this on a scatter plot used to compare against other variables

Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

Measure still doesn't "see" created dates here without the aggregate. I'll create something to use and publish it here

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , Not very clear, Try like

Cases Yr before Close = Calculate(DistinctCount('SF Case'[id]), Filter(values('SF Case'[id]), ('SF Case'[createddate]) > MIN('SF Opportunity Dataset'[Prev year close]) && ('SF Case'[createddate]) < MAX('SF opportunity Dataset'[Closedate])),all('SF Case'[id]))

Very similar to Current Employee - https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/HR-Analytics-Active-Employee-Hire-and-Termination-trend/ba-p/882970

Anonymous
Not applicable

To clarify, I'm looking to build a scatter plot that shows each opportunity, with the x axis being # of cases (based on their created date) being within 1 year previous of the opportunities close date. The Y axis is based on a metric on the account object, so not relevant here.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey! Thanks for the response. Because I'm using a measure, the case created date isn't working because its looking for an aggregate

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors