Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Count New Suppliers: Static Formula for Excel

Hello. I'm trying to convert a dyanmic new supplier Dax Formula to a more static formula for use in excel. The BI measure required user input for days to check for new suppliers(Time Frame Value in DAX)

My current DAX formula looks for new suppliers within user inputted days lookback(typically 90 days).

The Time Frame Value was the user inputted days to look back to check for new suppliers

I would like to compute new suppliers statically for a 3 month, 6 month, 1 year, and since the dawn of time for new suppliers.

Dax Code:

New Suppliers By Day =

VAR Supplier= VALUES(dfile[Supplier Name])
VAR Prior_Suppliers = CALCULATETABLE(VALUES(dfile[Supplier Name]),
                                     FILTER(ALL(dfile),
                                     dfile[Invoice Paid Date]>MIN(dfile[Invoice Paid Date])-[Time Frame Value] &&
                                     dfile[Invoice Paid Date]<MIN(dfile[Invoice Paid Date])))
Return
COUNTROWS(EXCEPT(Supplier,Prior_Suppliers))

Ideally fill in a similar table to this one below

New Suppliers
Dallas3 Month6 Month1 yearAbsolute
New York    
LA    
US Subtotal    
Rome    
Tokyo    
Shanghai    
Total    

Any help would be appreciated to make the formula static so i can use the measure in a excel report instead of BI. Thanks

1 REPLY 1

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors