Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

THENNA_41
Post Partisan
Post Partisan

Conditional formatting for Decline Down Trend

I have  the data table . its having forur columns like 

Attributename              Feb          March     April 

CFG                            96%          96%        99%

CBL                            96%           98%       97%

I want  to use  up and down arrow for decline and increase based on month .

for Example CFG attribute March value same compare with   both same value so its should be yellow dash April Month its creased its should be up arrow . suppose april month if decline compare with march its should be down arrow .

Looking for support . thanks in advance 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @THENNA_41 

You can create two measures to count the diff between two months , and then set conditional formatting for the measures .

March diff = SWITCH(true,SELECTEDVALUE('Table'[Attributename])=SELECTEDVALUE('Table'[Attributename]) && SELECTEDVALUE('Table'[March])=SELECTEDVALUE('Table'[Feb]),0,SELECTEDVALUE('Table'[March])-SELECTEDVALUE('Table'[Feb]))
April diff = SWITCH(true,SELECTEDVALUE('Table'[Attributename])=SELECTEDVALUE('Table'[Attributename]) && SELECTEDVALUE('Table'[April])=SELECTEDVALUE('Table'[March]),0,SELECTEDVALUE('Table'[April])-SELECTEDVALUE('Table'[March]))

You will get a result like this :

Ailsamsft_0-1655108436072.png

Then set conditional formatting for these two measures . Let's take [March diff] as an example . When the difference value is > 0, the rising arrow is displayed. If =0, parallel arrows are displayed. If < 0, show a falling arrow .

Ailsamsft_2-1655108501013.pngAilsamsft_3-1655108584924.png

The other measure has the same settings. The final result is shown in Fig.

Ailsamsft_4-1655108719153.png

I have attached my pbix file , you can refer to it .

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @THENNA_41 

You can create two measures to count the diff between two months , and then set conditional formatting for the measures .

March diff = SWITCH(true,SELECTEDVALUE('Table'[Attributename])=SELECTEDVALUE('Table'[Attributename]) && SELECTEDVALUE('Table'[March])=SELECTEDVALUE('Table'[Feb]),0,SELECTEDVALUE('Table'[March])-SELECTEDVALUE('Table'[Feb]))
April diff = SWITCH(true,SELECTEDVALUE('Table'[Attributename])=SELECTEDVALUE('Table'[Attributename]) && SELECTEDVALUE('Table'[April])=SELECTEDVALUE('Table'[March]),0,SELECTEDVALUE('Table'[April])-SELECTEDVALUE('Table'[March]))

You will get a result like this :

Ailsamsft_0-1655108436072.png

Then set conditional formatting for these two measures . Let's take [March diff] as an example . When the difference value is > 0, the rising arrow is displayed. If =0, parallel arrows are displayed. If < 0, show a falling arrow .

Ailsamsft_2-1655108501013.pngAilsamsft_3-1655108584924.png

The other measure has the same settings. The final result is shown in Fig.

Ailsamsft_4-1655108719153.png

I have attached my pbix file , you can refer to it .

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors