Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Back2Basics
Helper IV
Helper IV

Conditional formatting DAX

I'm trying to add some conditional formatting to a matrix. I have a matrix that has a series of outcomes and the count of Unique_ID for each outcome. I also have a dropdown on the page so that users can select an ID and the matrix highlights the outcomes for that particular ID - this is working fine using the following DAX: 

Matrix select = IF(ISFILTERED('Report measures'[Unique ID]),IF(SELECTEDVALUE('Report measures'[Unique ID]) IN VALUES (Workbook[Unique ID]), 1))

& then applying the appropriate conditional formatting. 

I also have a table which has a list of 'linked' ID's. So this looks something like this:

Unique IDLinked ID
INT001INT172
INT001INT250
INT002INT015

I want to replicate the matrix that is working, as described above, so that when an ID is selected it highlights the outcomes for the Linked ID's. I have been trying several things but just can't quite get it to work. Everything is still assocaited with the Unique ID filter rather than filtering the Linked ID. 

Any help is very much apprecaited.

5 REPLIES 5
tamerj1
Super User
Super User

Hi @Back2Basics 

any relationship between the two tables?

Hi @tamerj1 - yes, there is a relationship between the Unique ID columns in each table. The table with the linked Id's is standalone, so could remove the relationship if this is the way to do it

@Back2Basics 
I'm having some difficulties replicating your matrix. Would you please provide some sample data and perhaps some screenshots to understand exactly what is required. Thank you

I'm going down a different route now. Unfortunately I can't share any of the real data. 

@Back2Basics 
Sorry for the misunderstanding. I mean If you can create and share a sample dummy data that simulates your situation along with example expected results

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors