Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ameedazfar
Frequent Visitor

Computing Price Volume Variance Using DAX but Ignoring Filter Context for All Fields Except Two

Hi everyone,

Hope you guys are well. I'm struggling to compute price volume variance in Power BI, because of my organizational requirements. 

We have a requirement where price volume variance has to be computed at distributor channel and SKU (Stock Keeping Unit) level, and then to be displayed as brands. However, I can't wrap my head around on how to resolve this requirement through DAX. Here's a snapshot of what I want and what I get. 

ameedazfar_0-1631644628520.png

As you can see, I don't want the price variance and volume variance to recompute at SKU level and Brand level as shown in the columns highlighted red in the example. I want the variances to be computed at each distributor channel level, and the result in SKU and brand level to be the subtotal of the variances calculated. The DAX measure should have the flexibility to include any field in the matrix but the result should always be an aggregation of the channel and SKU split. The result is highlighted in red. Is there a way to complete this task in Power BI? A step by step explanation will be much appreciated!

Here's the link to the example shown above: https://1drv.ms/x/s!AoyOm8KANWehjRmdsazgfQx3BBgN?e=hhfUdd

Thanks in advance!

2 REPLIES 2
daxer-almighty
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

It would also be no end helpful to give a good explanation of how you arrive at the figures that you think are correct.

Gutted. 😞 Thanks for the reply anyways!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors