Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

sw123
Helper III
Helper III

Complex filtering of sales

Hi,

I need to filter sales as following:

• all items with reporting group 1: 1001 and 1002 and reporting group 2: 2002 and 2003
  • item number 12345 of reporting group 1: 1003 (no other items of this reporting group)
  • item number 56789 of reporting group 1: 1003, but only when it is sold to customer number 9876, not when sold to any other customer.

And then calculate these sales together.

I also need to report sales the other way around, that means all sales of reporting group 1: 1003, except for those sales, that were included in the first report above.

Can somebody help me figure out how to do this?

Thanx in advance!

1 REPLY 1
AnkitKukreja
Super User
Super User

Hi @sw123 

It's gets difficult to answer without seeing the data. Can you share your data or pbix without pii.

!) Still, I can think of 2 approaches here, either create a custom column as per your needs and grouping that are required and then use them as filters in your dax.

2) The filters that you have shared, if those are required then you can include them in your dax and in the 2nd formula you can calculate total sales and subtract your 1st measure from total sales.

Thanks,

Ankit

www.linkedin.com/in/ankit-kukreja1904

If my response has successfully addressed your question or concern, I kindly request that you mark this post as resolved. Additionally, if you found my assistance helpful, a thumbs-up would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Ankit Kukreja
www.linkedin.com/in/ankit-kukreja1904

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors