Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Compare Different Rows of Table Based on Column Value

I am limited to using DAX only at this point for a solution.  I have a giant table with plant data (e.g. 1111, 1112, etc.) and need to compare the "owning plant" vs. the other plant(s).  So a table like the below where I have to compare line 1 status against line 2 status since they're the same material and line 3 doesn't have a corresponding one in another plant so it can just return blank, null, whatever.

Is it better to do a whole calculated table for every plant and link them in the relationships or use filtering to look for parts that exist in the other plant within a formula?  See sample table below and example formula.  Thanks.

Sample Table

------------------------------------

Plant    Material    Status 

1111     1234         50

1112     1234         40

1111     2345         50

------------------------------------

The below works for me to get parts that exist in both plants, so I can modify that, but I had to come up with the formula myself so it may be hideous and inefficient.  Maybe something better than selecting columns to get material + plant, then selecting columns again just to get the material list only?

FILTER('Master Data', 'Master Data'[mara_material_number] IN

DISTINCT(SELECTCOLUMNS(FILTER(SELECTCOLUMNS('Master Data',"Material", 'Master Data'[mara_material_number], "Plant", 'Master Data'[marc_plant]), [Plant]="1148"),"Material",[Material]))

)

2 REPLIES 2
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , No very clear , Try a measure like

countx(filter(summarize(table, Table[Plant], Table[Material],"_1" ,count(Table[Material])),[_1]>=2),[Material])

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry, what I need to get at is to see a line for material 1234 in plant 1111 which shows me the status 50 and then also that it exists in plant 1112 with a status of 40.  So it's not totalling up the data, it's looking at data from another line for the same material.  Put another way, I want to see information about other lines based on one column (material) on a given line.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors