Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

murali5431
Helper III
Helper III

Combining two power BI reports

Hi,

I have created two power BI reports using same datasource. The calculations and purpose are different in each of them.

As they are from the same datasource, is it possible to combine them into one Power BI file, as separate tabs?

Thanks in advance for the help!

Muralidhar

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@murali5431  

Copy & paste between Power BI Desktop files

you have the ability to copy visuals between .pbix files. you can copy a visual either through the visual’s context menu or through the standard Ctrl+C keyboard shortcut and paste it into another report through Ctrl+V.

If the fields in your model are different, you’ll see an error on the visual and a warning on the fields that don’t exist, similar to the experience you see if you delete a field in the model a visual is using. All you’ll need to do is replace the broken fields with the ones you want to use from the new model. If you are using a custom visual, you’ll also need to import it to the destination file as well.

copy pase viz.JPG

Give me Kudos If you find it suitable .

Thank you 

Hi @Anonymous ,

Thanks for your response! I will give it a try.

But only the soure data is same. The columns used from the data source and calculations are different. So not sure how much modifications I might have to do.

Regards,

Muralidhar

Anonymous
Not applicable

@murali5431  It will be very easy for you to copy viz from one and paste it from other

Or 
Even ,You can duplicate the page 1 and copy and dax measure and drag your newly created dax Measured (Copied from Report2) duplicate page  .Bingo Your Viz is ready but you need to make sure your data model is correct .

rest thing PBI will automaticly take care .

Enjoy 

Thank you @Anonymous 

I am trying to do it and does look like a tedious task 🙂

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@murali5431 , If you have the same data model and formula (calculated column and measure) with the same name are available.

You can copy-paste visual from one pbix to another pbix.

You can select more than one and do the same .

Hi @amitchandak 

Only the soure data is same. The columns used from the data source and calculations are different. Keeping the datasource common, is there any option to combine them?

Thanks for your help!

Regards,

Muralidhar

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors