Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Combining two columns with DAX (Or Power Query)

Hi guys,

I want to combine two columns with dax from two different datasets. These datasets however only differ in date. One dataset goes till 30 juli 2019 and the other dataset starts from 31 juli. So the two columns have similar names (Column Name 1 and Column Name 1), and only differ in date as mentioned.

So I have Column Name 1 that ends on 30 juli and Column Name 1 that starts on 31 juli. How do I combine/add these columns with eachother with DAX or Power Query.

Thanks in advance!

7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

From the explanation given, it seems you have 2 datasets with one column.

In the query editor, there is an option called 'Append Queries'. You can use it to merge the 2 datasets.

Thanks.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous ,

I dont want to merge whole of the 2 datasets. I only want to pick out the specific columns (which is 2 columns that are similar and have the same name but only differ date; one ends 30 juli other starts 31 juli). To be more specific these columns are about Loanmortgage.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Sorry, I am still unclear about the requirement. Do you want to combine these 2 columns and create a new table?

Thanks.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous 

Yes, exactly.

Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Try to use this:

New Table = UNION( VALUES( Dates1[Date] ) , VALUES( Dates2[Date] ) )

Dates1, Dates2 are the table names.

Thanks.

Anonymous
Not applicable

It worked, however when I try to establish relationships I get the following message: "a circular dependency was detected".

@Anonymous 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you share your pbix if possible or some sample data from both the tables?

Thanks.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors