Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Z_BI
Frequent Visitor

Change Filter

Hi there, I have 2 date filters work separately. One for the right block and one for the left block.

Z_BI_0-1643300492453.png

Hit Rate = WON / OFFERS 

Right Block -> 25/101=24.75%

Left Block -> 46/112=41.07%

I'm searching for a solution to have in the left block -> WON(Left Block) / OFFERS(Right Block) -> 46/101 = 45.54%

I have thes interations in that 2 blocks

Z_BI_1-1643300983349.png

Z_BI_2-1643301004568.png

Thnx to help me

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Daryl-Lynch-Bzy
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

@Z_BI - I am not completely sure if that calculation is appropriate.  Won between 1-Oct/31-Dec over Offers between 1-Oct/31-Jan.  

Do you currently have 1 date table?  It looks like this is the case.  The "Date" Slicers are using the same date dimension.  So the Offers on Right is filtered by Dates in Right Slicer and Won on the Left is filtered by Dates in the Left Slicer.  Since date is a Single dimension, you won't be able to DIVIDE ( WON (left) , Offers (Right) ) because the filter context is both controlled by the Single Date.

Here what I am thinking... Create a second date table (alternative date) with an inactive relationship to date.  This can be used to control the Right Slicer and Right Calculations.  To achieve you could try a calculation for Offers and Won like the following:

Left Measure Example = SUM ( table[Offers] )

Right Measure Example = CALCULATE ( SUM ( table[Offers] ) ,
USERELATIONSHIP( AlternateDate[Date] , Date[Date] )
)

This could help apply different date filter without the interaction settings.  And therefore allow DIVIDE ( Left Measure Example, Right Measure Example ) 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-robertq-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, 

Have you followed the DAX formula posted by Daryl-Lynch-Bzy to find the solution to your problem?

If so, would you like to mark his reply as a solution so that others can learn from it too?

If you still have a problem, you can post some sample data(without sensitive data) and your expected result.

Thanks in advance!

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly 

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Robert Qin

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Daryl-Lynch-Bzy
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

@Z_BI - I am not completely sure if that calculation is appropriate.  Won between 1-Oct/31-Dec over Offers between 1-Oct/31-Jan.  

Do you currently have 1 date table?  It looks like this is the case.  The "Date" Slicers are using the same date dimension.  So the Offers on Right is filtered by Dates in Right Slicer and Won on the Left is filtered by Dates in the Left Slicer.  Since date is a Single dimension, you won't be able to DIVIDE ( WON (left) , Offers (Right) ) because the filter context is both controlled by the Single Date.

Here what I am thinking... Create a second date table (alternative date) with an inactive relationship to date.  This can be used to control the Right Slicer and Right Calculations.  To achieve you could try a calculation for Offers and Won like the following:

Left Measure Example = SUM ( table[Offers] )

Right Measure Example = CALCULATE ( SUM ( table[Offers] ) ,
USERELATIONSHIP( AlternateDate[Date] , Date[Date] )
)

This could help apply different date filter without the interaction settings.  And therefore allow DIVIDE ( Left Measure Example, Right Measure Example ) 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors