Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

SHS
Resolver I
Resolver I

Change Bubble Map Legend based on Filter/Slicer (from 3 different columns)

Hello,

Without knowing if this is even possible, I would like to make sort of a dynamic bubble map based on filter selections (either from a slicer og visual filter in the filters pane).

The Case

I have 3 measure in the same dataset that tells the sales person essentially the same thing, but about 3 different product groups. The measures looks into if the location is able to perform a service we have in our value proposition (so we have 3 services offers and want to show for each of these locations if we can perform the service or not). 

Now, what I would like is to create a filter or slicer that enables the sales person to choose between 1 of these service offers with the map automacially updating based on this selection. 

So, let's say that the employee is preparing for a customer meeting and want to look into our location offering the service for product 1 - he/she selects product 1 in the filter, and the bubble map shows the location that are able to service in green, and those that are not in black. Next, they want to do the same for product 2 - so he/she selects product 2 in the filter, and the bubble map is updated with again with green/black if they can perform the service or not.

Is it possible to do this by using a DAX formula to create the filter?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Right, so you would overlay the same visual over top of one another with the different filters or settings that you want. You would use the Selection pane to create bookmarks where one of the visuals is visible but the others are not. You then tie the buttos to the bookmarks.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

I would look into using buttons and bookmarks for what you want to do.

Latest book!:

Hi @Greg_Deckler ,

Thank you for the prompt reply. 

Can I make you elaborate a bit further on how to do this? I am still relatively new to the whole Power BI-development.

I know how to make bookmarks to navigate from one page to another based on a button linking to a specific page. But I would like if it is possible to have the map only on one page, and then having this updated based on the "filter" choosing to show data for either Product 1, 2, or 3. 

Best,

SHS

Right, so you would overlay the same visual over top of one another with the different filters or settings that you want. You would use the Selection pane to create bookmarks where one of the visuals is visible but the others are not. You then tie the buttos to the bookmarks.

Latest book!:

Hi @Greg_Deckler  

Thank you very much, provided me with the perfect solution!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors