Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

danielkinch
Frequent Visitor

Categorising Variances

Hello everyone - I'm looking for some support with a DAX problem.

I have a table of results showing project details taken at various points in time (e.g. Project ID, Site Code, Start Date, Value), and the intention of the report I'm building is to measure any changes which have occurred between two points in time.

My data has an 'export date' field of when the data was taken, and so far I've successfully create a report which allows two dates to be selected using slicers then produces a table of results showing the changes which have occurred along with a descriptive categorisation (i.e. New Project Created, Project Removed, Start Date Change, Value Change).

Although this achieves my initial goal of measuring the changes, all the results are shown individually in a table view and what I also need to be able to do is present a dashboard view that answers more high level questions such as 'How many projects were delayed?' and 'How many projects have been added?'.

So far the only way I've found of achieving this is to create a summarized table and then recreate the categorisation measure as a calculated column, however the main limitation of this appears to be that I can only use static dates, and not the slicer selections.

The below link includes a crude mockup of the PBIX that I'm working on.

Link: Categorising Variances PBIX 

Any support that anyone can offer would be warmly welcomed 😊

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors