Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Carrying data over to next month

Hi everyone. I am trying to figure out how to carry over data from one month to the next. I am trying to create a stacked column chart for each month that includes:

1. total payments

2. total payments actioned (approved, denied)

3. paymetns from last month that are pending

3. payments from last month that got actioned this month

Here is a sample of my data:

Month

Payments

Status

July

P

July

P

July

P

July

P

August

A

August

A

August

D

I would want to include all pending payments in July on my August bar in the stacked column chart.

Thank you in advance for your help in advance.

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, mate, with this data you are not able to calculate what you want since there's no column that would establish the time sequence of your months. Sorry.

Best
Darek
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, thanks for replying. Do you mind explaining what you mean by there's no column to establish time sequence?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, how do you know that July precedes August? I know you do know but how is the code to know? If you have a Date table, the code knowns the time sequence between months because there is an integer column that tells that to it. But you do not have such a column, and hence the code cannot know.

Best
Darek
Anonymous
Not applicable

Okay that makes sense. So if I make a date table will I be able to carry the data from one month to the other? If so, can you please help me with that?

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors