Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Vsthesound
Frequent Visitor

Cannot visualize measures created in bar chart and histogram

Hi guys, 

Im currently stuck with trying to visualize customer groups created using measures. It displays perfectly as a table but not as a barchart or histogram. Please see sample as table below.

Vsthesound_0-1665142864432.png

I think the problem is with the Format when I created the measures, but I dont know what to do to change it. Pls any help would be highly appreciated.

Vsthesound_1-1665143259697.png

Vsthesound_2-1665143290346.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Shaurya
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hi @Vsthesound,

I don't think it's the formatting that's the issue. You have created a measure for finding the Customer Group for every account that you have. This is working fine in the table visual where you are pulling in the account number and score as well. However, in other visuals like Bar or Column charts, the same measure wouldn't be able to aggregate other fields by using Cutomer Group as a category since it is missing the row context.

I suggest you create a calculated column instead of a measure and then add your visuals.

Did I answer your question? Mark this post as a solution if I did!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Shaurya
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hi @Vsthesound,

I don't think it's the formatting that's the issue. You have created a measure for finding the Customer Group for every account that you have. This is working fine in the table visual where you are pulling in the account number and score as well. However, in other visuals like Bar or Column charts, the same measure wouldn't be able to aggregate other fields by using Cutomer Group as a category since it is missing the row context.

I suggest you create a calculated column instead of a measure and then add your visuals.

Did I answer your question? Mark this post as a solution if I did!

Thank you so much. Made it into a calculated column, that did the trick.😙

@Vsthesound You're welcome!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors