Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

THENNA_41
Post Partisan
Post Partisan

Can I use custom color code for Bar in waterfall chart

i have simple water fall cahrt in my Report . in water fall chart we can use only  four types sentiments color .  Total,Favorable,Adverse,Others.Now graph looks like below 

THENNA_41_0-1640073061736.png

i want to  use   different color for YE target . i am trying modify format pane there is no option for that . here is my YE target .

YE target last =
CALCULATE(SUM('Master Data Base'[Value]),'Master Data Base'[Reduction buckets]=" Glidepath RF11",'Master Data Base'[Month]="Dec")

Is there any possible to add color  code measure ? thanks in advacne . i am trying to add color getting measure error 

5 REPLIES 5
v-eqin-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @THENNA_41 ,

Could you tell me if my reply helps you little ? If it is, kindly Accept it as the solution. More people will benefit from it.

Best Regards,
Eyelyn Qin

v-eqin-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @THENNA_41 ,

Agree with @ValtteriN . 

Based on my test, currently there is no option for Conditional formtting in Waterfall chart, please choose color in Format pane as shown below:

Eyelyn9_0-1640315397513.png

If you also want this in power bi, let the power bi community to know this things and give your votes at power bi site's feedback -
https://ideas.powerbi.com/ideas/search-ideas/?q=conditional%20formatting%20for%20waterfall

Eyelyn9_1-1640315495132.png

Best Regards,
Eyelyn Qin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

ValtteriN
Super User
Super User

Hi,

What kind of error are you getting and where are you trying to add the measure?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Anyway, as far as I am aware you can't apply color formatting via measure to the default waterfall chart. If you want to have that functionality in a waterfall chart I would look into custom visuals or as another option I would consider whether or not the data can be displayed in a another format.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

@ValtteriN  i am not getting any error . i want use custom color for bar . in simple water fall  no option for custom color. i am aksing  it is possible to add color code above measure 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors