Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Calculation with filter

I have a measure that I'm multipying by 2% on last year for sales managers.  I want to exclude 3 sale managers names from that  calculation.  My formula does not work.

test = CALCULATE(SUM([YAGO Combined Volume])*1.02, 'RSM Performance'[RSMP YAGO Volume]<>"Russell Curtis", 'RSM Performance'[RSMP YAGO Volume]<>"Jarrod Patrick", 'RSM Performance'[RSMP YAGO Volume]<>"Nigel Smith")

Any advice is greatly appreciated

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
az38
Community Champion
Community Champion

@Anonymous 

maybe you need just smth like

Measure =
var _multiplier = IF(SELECTEDVALUE('RSM Performance'[Sales Manager]) = "Russell Curtis" || SELECTEDVALUE('RSM Performance'[Sales Manager]) = "Jarrod Patrick" || SELECTEDVALUE('RSM Performance'[Sales Manager]) = "Nigel Smith", 1, 1.02 )

RETURN
_multiplier * calculate(sum('RSM Performance'[YAGO Volume]))

?

do not hesitate to give a kudo to useful posts and mark solutions as solution
LinkedIn

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
az38
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @Anonymous 

try SUMX()

test = CALCULATE(SUMX(Table, Table[YAGO Combined Volume])*1.02, 'RSM Performance'[RSMP YAGO Volume]<>"Russell Curtis", 'RSM Performance'[RSMP YAGO Volume]<>"Jarrod Patrick", 'RSM Performance'[RSMP YAGO Volume]<>"Nigel Smith")

LinkedIn
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've tried the formula below but giving an error message

Capture.PNG

az38
Community Champion
Community Champion

@Anonymous 

pardon, my prev statement has a mistake plus try FILTER

test = CALCULATE(SUMX('RSM Performance', 'RSM Performance'[YAGO Combined Volume]*1.02), FILTER(ALL('RSM Performance'), 'RSM Performance'[RSMP YAGO Volume]<>"Russell Curtis" && 'RSM Performance'[RSMP YAGO Volume]<>"Jarrod Patrick" && 'RSM Performance'[RSMP YAGO Volume]<>"Nigel Smith"))

LinkedIn
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've tried that but when I add the measure to my report, I get gray box with details

Capture.PNG

az38
Community Champion
Community Champion

@Anonymous 

Are you sure you want to compare 'RSM Performance'[RSMP YAGO Volume] column with names? how is your data look like?

LinkedIn
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't want to compare 'RSM Performance'[RSMP YAGO Volume] column with names, but just exclude the 3 names from the volume calculation in the report  (ie. for those 3 names, the caculation wont have an effect)

az38
Community Champion
Community Champion

@Anonymous 

what column contains names?

show data example, please

LinkedIn
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capture.PNG

for example: all YAGO volume is multiplied by 2% to get the AOP Target - what I am trying to do is have the 3 names (Russell Curtis and Jarrod Patrick and Nigel Smith) in the Sales Manager column be excluded from the AOP Target of 2% so having their targets showing no change to that in the TY Volume column

az38
Community Champion
Community Champion

@Anonymous 

maybe you need just smth like

Measure =
var _multiplier = IF(SELECTEDVALUE('RSM Performance'[Sales Manager]) = "Russell Curtis" || SELECTEDVALUE('RSM Performance'[Sales Manager]) = "Jarrod Patrick" || SELECTEDVALUE('RSM Performance'[Sales Manager]) = "Nigel Smith", 1, 1.02 )

RETURN
_multiplier * calculate(sum('RSM Performance'[YAGO Volume]))

?

LinkedIn
Anonymous
Not applicable

Perfect!!. Thanks very much 😀

az38
Community Champion
Community Champion

@Anonymous 

and how exactly do you want to multiple?

do you want to multiply each value and sum results or multiply sum of column?

LinkedIn

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors