Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Ivanka_K
Frequent Visitor

Calculation of first response time

Hi, everyone! I am trying to calculate the first response time as a calculated column, but I received a blank. I have added an example of my fact table and calculation that I have a problem to fix. I will appreciate any advice. Thanks.

Fact table.jpgCalculation.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can calculate anything in Power Query and put it in a calculated column. If you need any intermediate columns that would help your DAX measures, surely you can do it as well.

Best
D

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

If your fact table is big, I wouldn't calculate this in DAX. If you do this, it might not even return. Please calculate this in Power Query.

Please note that using CALCULATE on each and every row of a fact table is A VERY BAD IDEA due to the number of context transitions that'll need to be effected.

Best
D

Thank you for your response! I am trying to bring the calculation to the lookup table to do not create additional columns in the fact table.  Would I be able to do it with Custom Column? 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Why don't you do this in Power Query, where this calculation truly belongs?

Best
D

Great idea, thanks. Would I be able to do all the calculations with Custom Column in Power Query? Or maybe create intermediate columns to simplify calculation in Dax?

Anonymous
Not applicable

You can calculate anything in Power Query and put it in a calculated column. If you need any intermediate columns that would help your DAX measures, surely you can do it as well.

Best
D

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors