cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sjknight
Frequent Visitor

Calculation groups - Model vs defined measure

In summary, I have a measure in my model that calculates incorrect numbers, however, if I connect to the model using Power BI and define a new measure with the same DAX code as the measure then the newly defined measure works. I've tried to set out some prescient details below, happy to share anything further needed.

I am experimenting with calculation groups and am starting with currency conversion. In my model I have some measures (billings/receipts etc) that calculate currency based on the transaction date, other measures (unsold stock, unpaid invoices) are based on the current date. All of the measures explicitly defined in the calculation group work as expected.

I have another measure "Net Billing" that calculates billing less the movement in unpaid invoices. This measure is not defined in the calculation group explicitly but uses the [billings] and [unpaid invoices] measure which are.

The Net Billing DAX code is:

VAR StartDebt =
    CALCULATE (
        Debtors[Billed Fee Value - Debtors],
        ALL ( 'Reporting Period' ),
        Debtors[ReportingPeriodKey] = StartPeriodKey
    )
VAR EndDebt =
    CALCULATE (
        Debtors[Billed Fee Value - Debtors],
        ALL ( 'Reporting Period' ),
        Debtors[ReportingPeriodKey] = EndPeriodKey
    )
VAR DebtMovement =
    EndDebt - StartDebt

VAR billings =
    CALCULATE ( Billing[Billed Fee Value - Billing] )

VAR NetBilling =
    billings - DebtMovement

RETURN
    NetBilling

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
September Update

Check it Out!

Click here to learn more about the September 2022 updates!

Power BI Dev Camp Session 26

New Date - Check it Out!

Mark your calendars and join us on Thursday, October 6 at 11a PDT for a great session with Ted Pattison!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors