Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Calculating rolling revenue numbers

Hi ALL,

I have to build a pretty tricky chart where I have to show revenue by month.

The challenge is that a 12 month rolling data point would be the current month plus the previous 11 months, the previous month data point would be the previous month plus the previous 11 months i.e. Aug 2019 would be Aug 2019 to Sept 2018, July 2019 would be July 2019 to Aug 2018, June 2019 would be June 2019 to July 2018.

Please help!

2 REPLIES 2
AlB
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous 

It would certainly help if you showed your data. Please have a look at these tips for getting your question answered quickly. 

If you have months on the axis of your chart, you can use a measure along these lines if you have a calendar table (preferable):

Measure =
CALCULATE (
    SUM ( Table1[Revenue] ),
    FILTER (
        ALL ( CalendarTable[Month] ),
        CalendarTable[Month] <= MAX ( CalendarTable[Month] ) && CalendarTable[Month] > (MAX ( CalendarTable[Month] ) -12 )
    )
)

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Try using the below measure:

Total Revenue = SUM( Data[Revenue] )

12 Month Rolling Revenue = CALCULATE( [Total Revenue],DATESINPERIOD('Calendar'[date], MAX('Calendar'[date]),-12,MONTH) )

Thanks.

Please accept this as a solution if it satisfies the requirement. Appreciate your Kudos. 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors