Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ashrat001
Helper I
Helper I

Calculating a measure on the dates of a selected month...

Hi Experts,

I'm calculating a measure on a date and below in the DAX for measure Overdue Amount it is today. My goal is to calculate this same measure for all the dates of a Selected Month. I need to show this in a Bar Chart as a trend of Overdu Amount. How to achieve this and I do not want the selection of Calendar Month should impact entire data set rather it should only give dates to the following DAX formula. 

Overdue Amount  =
VAR LastDay= TODAY() //should return last date in selected period
RETURN
SUMX(
FILTER(
'Table',
'Table'[Net due date.Net due date Level 01]<TODAY() && 'Table'[Item Status.Item Status Level 01] = "O"
),
'Table'[Debit amt in LC]
)

Date and Calendar Month Slicer Dropdown.PNG

I would appreciate your inputs. 

Many thanks!

Tariq Ashraf
4 REPLIES 4
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@ashrat001 , Try measure like with date table

Date table not joined

Overdue Amount =
VAR LastDay= maxx(allselected('Date') , 'Date'[Date]) //should return last date in selected period
RETURN
SUMX(
FILTER(
'Table',
'Table'[Net due date.Net due date Level 01]< LastDay && 'Table'[Item Status.Item Status Level 01] = "O"
),
'Table'[Debit amt in LC]
)

Date table joined

Overdue Amount =
VAR LastDay= maxx(allselected('Date') , 'Date'[Date]) //should return last date in selected period
RETURN
calculate(
FILTER(sum('Table'[Debit amt in LC])
All('Date'),
'Date'[Date]< LastDay),
FILTER(
'Table','Table'[Item Status.Item Status Level 01] = "O"
)
)

To get the best of the time intelligence function. Make sure you have a date calendar and it has been marked as the date in model view. Also, join it with the date column of your fact/s. Refer :radacad sqlbi My Video Series Appreciate your Kudos.

Hi Amit,

Thanks for your reply. As per your reply, I have modified my measure. But unfortunately I'm not getting the desired outcome. As the MAX funciton is giving today's date for selected month and therefore filtering data on today's date. I want accumulative values for selected Month dates on each date say November's date should have values for 1 Nov , 2 Nov till 27 Nov so on. 

MTD Openonly =
VAR LastDay= MAXX(ALLSELECTED(CurrentYear[Date]),CurrentYear[Date]) //should return last date in selected period
RETURN
SUMX(
FILTER(
'Table',
'Table'[Net due date.Net due date Level 01]<LastDay && 'Table)'[Item Status.Item Status Level 01] = "O"
),
'Table'[Debit amt in LC]
)

Please see below screen shot. MAXX function filter the data on November Max date 27th, Nov and spilt the values for that date only which 16.75 Million. Rather 27th Nov should have 187.34 value and like wise other dates should have their accumulative values. Thanks!

Not accumulating values.PNG

kumar27
Advocate V
Advocate V

Do you want that the month filter should not impat your metric and evrytime it gives the same answer irrespective of any months seleted ?

Hi Kumar,

Thanks for your reply. I want to replace Today() with dates of selected Calendar Month and this selected month should only give dates to the formula and should not impact the table/query. Thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors